SVS Intern (consulting) at Deloitte

Management Consultancy

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Assist team on a consulting project.
Present information
Research
Create a deck for the client
Meetings

My placement was extremely enjoyable: I was given ownership of one peice of work and travelled across europe, as well as getting on with my team very well.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

My collegues gave me a piece of work to own, and never gave me work for the sake of it, gave me work that was important and made sure that I knew where the work I was doing fit in the project as a whole.

My manager had prepared in advance documents to introduce me to the client, project and to my assignment. She was fantastic throughout whenever I had queries.

Owning my own piece of work meant that I could choose how busy or not I was on a daily basis, so long as the piece of work was deliverable by the end of the placement.

I was given full responsibility for the piece of work I did. I was allowed to put my own stamp on it, so long as it met the client's specifications.

A few days of training is never enough, but getting the basics of some of the Deloitte specific programmes did save a lot of time afterwards.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

There was a good amount of office banter around, also because I was abroad the jokes continued after work too.

When I came to Deloitte, my project was already sorted and my travel arrangements. My team had planned for my arrival and thought about my assignment.

The company clearly spent a lot of time and money on the SVS interns, we worked hard and I personally racked up a large expenses bill. And we were well paid.

For strategy, the area I want to go in, the whole process must be completed again, but I am sure that my experiences with them will help. There is no exit interview for strategy, but a whole assesment process in September.

Among the fellow interns there was a good level of banter and worked hard to help each other out.

London is an expensive place, but all deloitte events were paid for and we were well paid.

There is plenty going on however it can be expensive.

There were a number of sports competitions and summer events that we could get involved in if we wish.