Mechanical Engineer at Lubrizol

Engineering Manufacturing Mechanical Engineering

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.1/10

7.4

Ensure all tests are running smoothly.
Liase with any technicians working on your allocated projects.
Spend time producing designs/drawing for current project.
Sourcing material/componants as required.
Overseeing any current project work.

This year has been incredibly eye opening and I have enjoyed all challenges presented to me. The job is a perfect mix of all aspects of mechanical engineering in industry.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Greeted warmly and valued highly from the beginning. Everyones confidence develops in you the more you work with them giving you greater and greater responsibility.

Always open and willing to answer questions. No one is expected to be an expert when they arrive and seeking this knowledge is all part of the learning curve.

It was a very busy year within the department. This meant that I was able to experience a broader range of the industry while being kept comfortably busy.

I had varied roles within projects, from lead design engineer to overseeing the build once the design was complete. This meant I could be responsible for projects worth tens of thousands of pounds.

Not only will I now be able to put my academic studies in context but I have developed other skills which will help me day to day, from communication to organisation, this year has made me a more independant, motivated person.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

The atmosphere was great, it encouraged employee interaction and fun whilst ensuring that work was also being done.

The placement was very well set up. From start to finish I had no problems with anything placement orientated.

Training courses are not aqutomatically provided to students. They provide some industry standard health and safety training but other courses must be requested by the individual and approved.

Lubrizol dont offer jobs based on a placement year. The year does however give you a head start on other candidates were you to apply for a job in the future, so long as you gave an impressive account of yourself throughout your year.

Those who lived close to the office were very active socially. As a loughborough student, i lived in loughborough and commuted but there were still opertunities to go out and have a good time.

I can only comment on the socialising as I didnt live locally. The social aspect in terms of cost was average, the kind of prices you would expect to see in the place the size of Derby.

Reasonable but as I have already said, due to my not living locally, I only went out in Derby two or three times.

Events were run regularly, from badminton or volleyball once a week to go karting, paintball and clay pigeon shooting oncfe or twice a year, there are always activities to do.