The year placement is broken down in to 3+ month placements within different areas of the business. Over the year I have been involved with a variety of tasks including producing plans, reporting and managing small packages of work. The placement offered a good exposure to people at all levels of the business and across many functions and also sub contractors, partner companies and the customer.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The structure of the scheme meant that there were many different people available to support and guide in different ways.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel the level of responsibily was suitable for my experience and enough to enhance my development
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Varied from office to office. But always friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The structure used for the placement year follows that of the Graduate Scheme and is structured with multiple placements within the year, placement objectives set at the start of each placement and a review at the end. Also a 6 month progress review.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There are a wide range of courses available to take part in and the business is keen to support your development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Have been conditionally offered a place on the Graduate Scheme on completion of my degree.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are a high number of Graduates/Industrial Placements/Summer Placements/Apprentices to socialise with and many activities are organised.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Its what you make of it
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Many opportunites including charity, community, social and sports.