1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
An excellent time at the company with exposure to a huge number of opportunities in the business, ability to work with global colleagues on very senior projects.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Really became one of the team, was never seen as an intern and was given a high level of responsibility which helped me thrive in the business environment.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
When I needed guidance my manager was always there and opened up a lot of doors to help me with my development wants/ needs.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
A great working week which was spent on a variety of projects and various other business initiatives but still felt rewarding and enriching with my free time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
High levels of responsibility, being accountable for a number of senior projects which delivered huge impacts to the business.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed more than I could have ever anticipated, so many more opportunities were given to me than any other friends on placement years with different companies. An incredible place to work with incredible people
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very very upbeat atmosphere in the office, always some banter to be had in the office with all age groups.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was the first placement student my department had and they did a fantastic job, I owe everything i've learnt to these guys.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Was sent away on external training courses overnight and stayed in 5 star hotel and had everything paid for, was excellent. Also put forward for a lot of onsite training which was great - the department has great links to training programmes.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company do not currently have a graduate scheme and the role I held was very senior, so to get a full time role would not really be in the picture.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Excellent, many meetings outside of work with my colleagues, built relationships extremely quickly when beginning my placement which has been so beneficial to my year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Surrey is an expensive area to live in, but you get what you pay for definately, some lovely areas and so close to London, perfect commute.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area I lived in had a few bars but London was 30mins on the train so we just travelled there on the weekends.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of opportunities to make your experience your own whilst you are on placement with them, lots of lunchtime clubs and colleagues meeting after work