Test Trainee at Experian

Clapham Common Greater London
Information Technology

8.3/10

Test products from the start to the end of the project using the RUP methodology.
Ensure all products and data are working in order and of high quality.
Learn about the different products and the nuances of testing each.
Learn how to test on UNIX.

The placement itself I believe has been a resounding success, which I strongly think is due to the working environment and the people I worked with. When I first started the placement, I was welcomed into the company with open arms and was trusted with work that was important to the business. This trust my colleagues had in me instantly gave me a confidence boost and showed me that I could be an integral part of Quality Assurance, something I had been worried about before beginning my placement year. This placement year has been one of the most educational years of my life and I believe it is something everyone should do as part of their university degree, the amount of information you learn and in some way more importantly the processes of doing tasks I believe will help me in my final year, my dissertation and beyond.

Everyone welcomed me fully and I felt at home with everyone I worked with, even the developers as there was no rivalry between us testers and them.

Everytime I asked a question, it was answered very quickly and with enough information.

The nature of testing tends to mean that you either have a lot to do or not enough. I do not think this is due to QAS though and more the job in general.

As I was trusted with more, I was given things to do which were more complex/would have more impact on customers if something went awry.

I will never forget what I learnt at QAS, from learning a new programming language to how to test properly.
I even because more confident and believe I could interact with people more now then I did before.

Tends to be quite quiet (which is a good thing!).

Apart from a few glitches with university, everything went fine.

They gave me time to work on non project work and had a meeting to discuss how I could develop myself.

If I could, I would come back after my education.

Went out most fridays and also went to various other places every so often (subsidised to places like Paris and comedy clubs etc).

The area is quite expensive (in comparison to the North anyway!).

Good enough to go out, not much veriety (mostly pubs).

Theres many different things you can get involved in if you wish.