Area Accountant at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Accountancy Administration/Secretarial Banking/Finance Utilities

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a Top Employer

6.9/10

3.5

I worked as an Area Accountant for the year where i dealt with invoices, cheques, customer queries and many other daily tasks. My main responsibility was looking after 10 of the enterprise branches within Scotland and Northern Ireland. The project i was assigned when i started was utilities which i kept throughout my year.

It took me a while to adapt from the uni lifestyle to the working world, but once i got into the year i really enjoyed my job with Enterprise!

I got on very well with everyone in my department and i was treated like a normal employee even though i was just on placement.

My workload changed from day to day but this was a good balance as It allowed me to have quieter days to catch up on my workload and the busy days flew past. I felt this was a really good balance!!

I was not sheltered from the normal workload of the others in the department, i was given equal responsibilities which kept me busy and learning all the time.

I developed so many valuable skills that i will most definitely take on with me through out my working life. I have learnt a huge deal whilst working with Enterprise!

Everyone knew when work needed to be done and when it was appropriate to have a good laugh. The office was never dull but at the same time we always got our work complete!

Everything for setting up with Enterprise was easy with no problems.

I was trained up on everything that any other employee in the accounts department was trained on. I had a week of training before i started as well as on the job training which was really beneficial.

I am keeping in contact with my manager at Enterprise in case they ever have a really busy day and i can offer a helping hand. This will keep me in contact with the working world.

We socialised within work, we went out for lunch every now and again, there were also work parties and nights out that we organised ourselves which were always good fun! this allowed me to further build a relationship with my department and others within enterprise!

I stayed at home during my years placement

we only went out once in the area i worked in, which was good fun but we didnt go out often.