6.6/10

• The Role
  • Organisation
  • Socialising
    5.5

Writing research notes, putting together a chronology and writing briefings for lawyers within the group I was working in.

2. This has been a great experience, with both the highs and lows associated with being a cioty solicitor. Definitely a worthwhile experience.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. As with all things, I interacted better with some colleagues than with others. The partners and trainees who I worked with were great, and I felt as if they were actually reading and using my work, rather than simply giving me something to do to keep me busy.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. I had one trainee buddy who was fantastic, making sure that I understood what was going on and was involved in the work. My second trainee buddy was good, but I think because she had such a hard act to follow it felt as if she were elss interested.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. There were peaks of activity, but I was not required to stay beyond 6pm more than twice and there were some days when I had little to do.

10. I was given a range of things to do, with varying levels of responsibility. I produced documents that were then sent on to clients, as well as internal research ntoes used in briefings.

12. Time management is definitely something that I need to keep working on, and this placement really made me realize that.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?

14. 5/10

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?

16. 5/10

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?

18. 5/10

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. 1,8

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. I can see myself working at the firm, and am very excited about some of the upcoming developments.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. Great group of people who all got on very well with each other. We socialized with the firm and by ourselves, which was a great way to get to know people better.

26. Average for London I would assume, although a lot of the social events were organized through the firm so we did not pay for them.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. Generally quiet as it is downtown City of London, but there are great things going on within walking distance. There are a variety of things to do, both with people from work and with friends.

30. Yes and no. There were opportunities but not always the time, given the work

Banking - Investment, Banking/Finance, Energy, Legal/Law, Politics, Public Sector/Governmental, Utilities

Central London and City