Project Manager Industrial Placement at BAE Systems

BAE Systems is a Top Employer

7.3/10

7.6

6.0

Working primarily on delivering a new customer management solution to the CS&S International division of BAE Systems. Performing supporting role in running the selected business maturity programme.

The placement was overall very good however I feel that I could have contributed alot more had I been given greater responsibility.

I felt valued by the majority of my colleagues.

Support was in all but a few exceptions provided when needed.

Apart from a few very busy months I could have taken on more work.

For a placement student I feel like I was given a comparatively large amount of responsibility.

I feel like many of the skills I have picked up or developed will be useful both in my return to university and in my career beyond.

The overall organisation was fairly relaxed and enjoyable to work in. In my more immediate team this this was to a greater extent.

It was very well organised however the placement itself was based more on resource requirement as opposed to a static placement that is filled by students who succeed one another.

The company seemed to be happy to invest money in my development wherever it provided benefit.

I have been offered and have informally accepted an offer of employment following university. Long term the job prospects seem to be good with many opportunites around the world.

This seemed to be good however I was commuting from Liverpool and as such did not attend many of the events.

Though I remained based in Liverpool the overall cost of living in Preston from what I have experienced is very average.

On some of my few trips to Preston for drinks and a night out I gathered the impression that Preston was fairly average in terms of its nightlife.

The company and some of the individuals that comprise the company set up many out of work events particularly charity focussed opportunities.