Proof reading brochure pages to ensure accuracy.
Liase with shore excursion managers aboard the ships to make sure the content of tours is correct and as advertised.
To monitor the product offering for all seasons on sale.
Accuratley communicate the cruise programme to brochure and inventory teams.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement was really good, there are good and bad points but what job is perfect? Just be prepared to be given a proper role and work hard but the support is there and you just need to ask if you're unsure about anything.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
After the first few months you start to feel settled and comfortable in the role you're in and you start to feel valued when you're answering questions from what you've learnt or are given jobs with greater responsibility.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
From the start I had monthly one-to-one's with my line manager and could also approach my general manager easily. The team also support you and half way through the year you do a 6-month review which is an anonymous survey sent out to your colleagues on how you're perfoming which helps your development in the rest of the placement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There's a good balance but there are quiet and busy periods through the year.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
There's lots to learn and when you know it, you're expected to make decisions. You're given jobs to do that affect customers experience of the company such as signing off brochure pages and checking content about hotels, resorts and prices.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
After doing the placement, my time management skills have really improved and also my communication with others in lots of different teams has got better. It's been good to do a job and see what work is really like even though I've had other part-time jobs at uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Always lots to talk about and share but when you're busy, everyone works to the same goals.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The scheme is great and set-up pretty well. There's a structure and when we started we had a 3-week induction into the company and loads of different areas of the business. We also had regular placement meetings through the year and before we started there was a welcome day so you could see other people on the placment and start to organise living arrangements.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Got sent on a resort visit after a couple of months to experience the product from a customer's point of view and there were other traing opportunities throughout the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The company really do try and keep in contact with you if they want you. There is talk in future about being invited to company events so they can keep the contact up and we'll be getting regular update emails about opportunites.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a good social scene amongst colleagues and we often went out for food and drinks after work. As placements, we did occasionally go out together but not all of the time.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Luton is quite a cheap place to live and and socialise in but if you wan't to get into London its easy enough by train.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There's a few clubs and pubs in the town centre but it's easy enough to get to surrounding towns or Milton Keynes or London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were occasional events which you could join in on but not very many.