I was responsable for designing a Longhaul destinations programme including choosing all the hotel, marketing and branding these and pricing them depending on the market. I also did new destination research, quality control and creating the brochures.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my Placement with TUI. It has been such an insight into what the world of work is really like. TUI is a company that I definitly want to come back on upon completing my degree.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treated like a normal, full time member of the team and my opinions and ideas have always been valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
More responsibility than i ever thopught I would get!
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great, relaxed atmosphere and a really cool office and facilites.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My team were very well organised to have me. The placement team all run the programme alongside their day jobs so although they were all brilliant I felt my team was better set up to work with me than the placement department was.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested loads of timea nd transferable skills in me. I was given the opportunity to go abroad and to big press releases which was a long term investment on their behalf and amazing opportuities.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing! I will definitly be wanting to come back. The cheap holidays are a brilliant perk too!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene among the placements was not very good but among the team that I worked with it was brilliant.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is really cheap- ideal if you want to save money. Socialising is not brillaint in the immedate area however we are only 10 mins from St Albans and 25 mins from the centre of London which was good.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Loads of opportunites. There were lots of team nights out and activites organised by the company 'people' team such as TUI Olympics, rounders, Christmas parties etc.