Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at J.P. Morgan
- 7. Would you recommend J.P. Morgan to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to J.P. Morgan
Attend meetings and stand-ups Work on assigned tasks and report on them (i.e.: create new software/features, design backend/frontend) Help out others (e.g.: new starts, projects I worked on)
Yes a lot, many frameworks such as Spring and React, as well as loads of Agile methodologies. I improved my team-working and speaking skills too.
Yes, I could proceed at my own pace at the projects I was assigned to. I also had my own projects that I was responsible for designing and creating.
Support & Guidance
I received a lot of support from my team initially through zoom meetings then in-person. Every time I needed help there was someone from my team helping me
We had social events such as mini-golfing with my team as well as events with other interns such as bowling. All of them was fun and I really enjoyed them
I really enjoyed my placement, it gave me invaluable experience moving forward and helped me give an idea what working in software engineering really is like
Be confident during the interviews, don't be embarrassed to ask for help if you are ever stuck.
Placement Year (10 Months+)