Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
- 7. Would you recommend Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner
On a day-to-day basis, I will be assisting on and running transactions by drafting various legal documents, corresponding with solicitors both internally and externally, managing the progress of the deal and liaising with clients. I am also responsible for assisting in different legal innovation/pro-bono initiatives of my choice.
I have learnt and developed numerous new skills, the most vital of them being collaboration, initiative, transaction management and diligence. I have been able to do that due to the high level of responsibility I was given from the start of my placement and the fact that I have been trusted to work on some of the biggest transactions in the real estate sector.
As already mentioned, I was entrusted with a lot of important work from the get-go. Subsequently, I was even allowed to act on deals as a trainee and run the transaction from start to finish. This amount of responsibility has helped me develop exponentially both professionally and personally.
Support & Guidance
Everyone has been extremely supportive. People are always happy to run you through the task at hand and answer any questions. Everyone at the firm wants and has time to help irrespective of their seniority.
As already touched on, everyone is friendly and really approachable. The open plan structure of the office is a further proof of that.
I have enjoyed every single moment of my placement in the past 10 months.
I would advise them to be prepared do rewarding and stimulating work, as well as to work with people who will become their friends throughout time.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Law, Banking/Finance, Legal/Law
Central London and City