Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- 7. Would you recommend Enterprise Rent-A-Car to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Enterprise Rent-A-Car
My role as an intern is the same as a graduate where the role involves working in a branch which you see and learn the operations of a car renting company. The role involves primarily dealing with customers however the role includes looking at all areas of the business and gives you great exposure to aspects of the company which link to your degree.
I’ve developed lots of new skills. Primarily my confidence in speaking in public to lots of new people and in front of lots of people too, I have also learnt how to improve my customer service skills, I have also learnt leadership when delegating tasks but mainly I have learnt skills which you would learn when running your own business.
Yes I have been given lots of responsibility. I have been given multiple captaincies and tasks in the branch to undertake when not serving customers. We are treated like full time graduate staff so we get to work like a normal staff member and basically do the job as normal.
Support & Guidance
I have received lots of guidance from my colleagues, from my other trainees to also the management teams at my branch. Also we are given a mentor too to help track our progress and give us guidance. You also are given folder time and areas to work on with a member of your team which helps us too.
The culture and atmosphere is great. We all work hard but also we have fun too which is good as you can have a good time at work whilst working hard. There is never any issue which we cannot speak about and everyone is always willing to help.
I have really enjoyed the placement and would definitely recommend the placement to anyone who is thinking of doing one at university. It has exposed me to lots of business areas and helped me improve many skills. I would 100% recommend!
Be yourself and work hard and you will have many successes at the company.
Placement Year (10 Months+)