Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Oracle
- 7. Would you recommend Oracle to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Oracle
A mixture of development and operations dependent on rotas. Development involves the creation and improvement of tools and automations to improve the efficiency and smooth running of the department in general.
Yes I have. I have greatly improved numerous skills ranging from development, general tech prowess and knowledge of business/corporation running. For example, my skills in programming have improved, as well as my knowledge of networking, linux and corporate technology, in addition to developing my business skills such as email writing and etiquette.
I was given a fair amount of responsibility. In my experience, the amount of responsibility you are given is dependent on how much you want it/push for it. If you choose to take control of projects and push them forward then you can enjoy a lot of responsibility.
Support & Guidance
I received a good amount of support and guidance. I had multiple managers and mentors I could speak to throughout my time, who were all very helpful. In addition, I had support from other interns and my intern manager.
Company culture and general atmosphere is good. While corporate in nature, there is still a good mix of serious and more relaxed events. In particular, there is a lot of push for charity/employee aid groups. For example, there are frequently Charity events held by our sustainability teams, volunteering teams, diversity and inclusion teams etc.
I have greatly enjoyed my placement so far. I have been able to develop my skills significantly and work on projects I am genuinely interested in. Furthermore, I have enjoyed interacting with the other interns and all other Staff Members.
Most importantly, be yourself. Make sure you understand the job brief and have some idea of Oracle's aim as a company, and specifically the department you are joining. Get to know your departments ethos.
Placement Year (10 Months+)