Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Oracle
- 7. Would you recommend Oracle to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Oracle
Supporting commercial legal team with their deals and some involvement in other legal teams (corporate, operations). Beginning the placement with simpler tasks and learning about the company and it's processes to gaining confidence in more complex tasks.
Written and spoken communication, legal drafting, analytical skills, problem-solving, research skills.
I was given a good amount of responsibility, and always had the support of team members due to the legal nature of the work (e.g. copying them on emails, never attended calls alone unless appropriate, taking time to send them drafts of emails and other work before sending out a final version).
Support & Guidance
Day to day support from a supervisor and regular 1:1s with line manager. Always felt comfortable to go to most members of the team to ask questions about the work I was doing or career related topics.
The company is big so the general atmosphere is corporate. Within my team the culture had a good balance between hard work and social aspects.
I enjoyed working with my team and getting to know other interns, as well as learning how the company works as a whole.
Research before applying.
Placement Year (10 Months+)