Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Oracle
- 7. Would you recommend Oracle to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Oracle
Provide technical support in partnership with sales reps to help the customer transition from on-premise data center's into Oracles Cloud Infrastructure. As an intern, you will assist the Solutions Architect with this by joining them on calls, contributing and listening to offline discussions and various other tasks that can include consumption tracking.
I have learnt what it means to be a member of a team. How to be an effective listener and contributor to customer calls. Time management and task organizing. Discipline to stay focused when working from home. Have learnt how to make effective interactions that make you memorable, especially given how difficult this is during this COVID-19 zoom era.
Unfortunately not as much as I anticipated.
Support & Guidance
My line manager was supportive of giving me the freedom of choice to pick up which work I liked. I was given guidance, suggestions and always pointed in the right direction.
Incredibly friendly culture. Everyone is supportive and encourages networking.
I thoroughly enjoyed the internship as a whole. Friendly community amongst the 30-40 interns there were. My specific role was hard to adapt to and not many opportunities in my direct line of business. Plenty of opportunities across the business as a whole.
Some roles are far busier than others. Huge company with plenty of opportunities to get involved with work that aligns with your goals.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Information Technology, Computer Science