Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Oracle
- 7. Would you recommend Oracle to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Oracle
Design, develop and test features for tools within the organisation. Be an effective member of staff and keep in the loop with the latest technologies.
Learned to be an effective member of team, be able to think like a software engineer and problem solve effectively.
Most of the placement was involved in internal tools for the company, as the pandemic stopped us from getting access to the core product. But a lot of learning was involved in creating these tools that benefited the company immensely .
Support & Guidance
Lots of support from the managers, mentors and colleagues within the team. There is family feel to Oracle, so you all welcome.
There is a good culture around diversity and supporting people with disabilities. The atmosphere was not the best, as we where at home most of the time during the pandemic. But it overall good to work for Oracle.
I enjoyed the placement very much, learned a lot of new skills and improved upon them as I went along. All in all an excellent placement which I would recommend any Computer Science student to apply to.
Make sure to have good interview skills, CV, good experience outside of university such as hackathons or sports and decent technical ability. Full training is provided at the start of the placement.
Placement Year (10 Months+)