- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Baker McKenzie
- 7. Would you recommend Baker McKenzie to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Baker McKenzie
Sat in two departments: Competition and Corporate Tax. Scheme allowed me to get hands on with live work, produce research pieces for lawyers, and get a taste for the culture of the firm. Graduate recruitment also put on: social events, Q&A sessions, and presentations. We were expected to produce a group presentation alongside our day-to-day duties.
Learnt how to effectively produce work that targets a specific audience. Developed my ability to synthesise research and present it in a simple, easy to understand manner.
Lots of insight into the business and its culture. Talks about different initiatives, e.g. pro bono & social mobility. Fantastic insight into the different departments: live work & a lot of contact with lawyers of varying seniority.
Extremely friendly atmosphere, everyone was willing to help you with tasks and answer questions. Culture seems very focused on allowing everyone to succeed, and there is a huge amount of initiatives dedicated to this end. These include affinity groups related to: diversity, social mobility, women, LGBTQ+ etc.
Thoroughly enjoyed the scheme. A good balance between work in the departments and interactive sessions. Both the Competition and Corporate Tax departments were very welcoming, and I felt supported throughout my time there. Graduate Recruitment extremely helpful and very friendly- made settling in much easier. I would definitely go back.
Make sure you can describe quite clearly why their breadth of strengths appeals to you. Be clear as to why you see a career at Baker McKenzie to be suited to you, instead of at a Magic Circle firm etc. Be clued up as to the cultural initiatives the firm has implemented, and how you see yourself getting involved. Assessment centre: do not worry about giving a differing opinion during the group exercise.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
Central London and City