- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Amazon
- 7. Would you recommend Amazon to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Amazon
They showed us a lot of interesting things: from having seniors talking to coding exercises. We had numerous panels and coding workshops through these three days. They showed us some tips and skills and we could now know what to expect from the interviewer. They responded to all the questions and mentors were well prepared. I have gained new experience and I would like to thank everyone who were present in panels and shared their experiences.
Yes, before this event, I did not pay attention to small details in coding. For instance, I did not care so much about testing, but I learnt that they mean a lot actually and pay an important role in our code. Also, I learnt about STAR method and I can not wait to use it in future interviews, and I extended my critical thinking. I have no words to describe how much this experience helped me.
It was overwhelming, especially because Amazon is such a big company. They have a lot of products and a lot of available roles within departments. I learnt about their recruitment process and can not wait to put their advice in work. It was fascinating to meet people from different areas of IT and learned more about their experience. This experience will enable to have a better plan for my career and not only, even in my team projects at university.
"Amazon organizational culture has been described as “breakneck-paced, and notoriously cost-conscious, as befits a company that has run only a small profit, or a loss, under generally accepted accounting principles for most of its life as a public company. Amazon has a very intense corporate culture with an extensive emotional and even physical pressure to some employees. Nevertheless, Amazon along with Alphabet has been recognized by LinkedIn as the best place to work in US in 2022." The general atmosphere was welcoming.
I enjoyed everything, but especially pair programming during coding activities. I also practiced in my courses, but doing this with people from different universities was great. I adored the atmosphere and how our mentor made us feel comfortable to ask questions. I was not afraid to ask anything, and I could say I felt like home. Everyone was so welcoming and I really appreciate that I was given this opportunity. I hope that Amazon will have more events like this!
Do not be afraid to ask questions and always ask for clear requirements. If you are not sure of anything, you should ask, just to be sure. Do no panic if you do not have enough time to code all the problem, you should be able to express your ideas freely. Be confident in your own skills and be open to learn more. Being open minded and curiosity driven will help you in all your roles, not just here.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
Central London and City