Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Warner Bros. Discovery
- 7. Would you recommend Warner Bros. Discovery to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Warner Bros. Discovery
Daily tasks consist of updating regular monthly reports for the previous month. Ad-hoc requests from stakeholders may mean collecting and communicating figures and research to aid with presentations or business decisions. Occasional research projects into new and emerging industry products/concepts (i.e. metaverse, YouTube shorts). Looking into competitor behaviour and statistics around YouTube and Apps as well as the company performance on our websites and social medias.
Learned how to be more instinctually analytical, asking why something has occurred and preempting any questions and inquires for a smoother workflow. Developing skills learned in my maths and statistics course, such as forecasting, with the help of other departments in the business (i.e. Data Science team). Also built an understanding of the functioning of the corporate world, the behaviour's, expectations and benefits. (i.e. Networking).
When onboarded, I was given a good amount of time to learn the systems I'd be using and be familiar with them and the core tasks I'd take on. (i.e. Monthly reports). As I grew more confident with that I was given opportunities to take on more responsibility such as requests from the business for information and given sections of a team presentation to work on/create.
Support & Guidance
I had regular check ins with my manager and constant feedback on the work I produce, with corrections becoming less and less as I became familiar with the reports. Constructive criticism always came with positive feedback to make sure I was aware of what I was doing right just as often as what I still needed to learn.
The company works well at facilitating opportunities to network with the wider company regularly as well as with the other interns so you don't feel alone. The regular connect sessions for all early careers employees helped teach us about the company and provide reasons to communicate with all other interns/apprentices who wouldn't be in our day to day teams/ departments.
I've really enjoyed my placement, enough to want to come back as a full employee. The people and the efforts of the company were so inviting and inclusive throughout. People recognised our roles as interns as colleagues, being supportive without being patronising or belittling. The perks of screenings and out of office socials helped create this atmosphere.
Be yourself and don't be affraid to talk about your passions, that's the best way to bond with others and tackle any imposter syndrome. Do your research on the company and pick out the things that others may miss. Let them see you are eager to learn because that's the aim of a placement in the first place.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Business Analytics, Market Research