Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Warner Bros. Discovery
- 7. Would you recommend Warner Bros. Discovery to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Warner Bros. Discovery
My role is largely project based. As I am working to support three separate teams with learning and development, employee experience, and talent management I am involved in a variety of tasks. Some of the key aspects would be aiding with new hire orientation, helping with admin tasks for our learning programs, and also monitoring employee engagement by utilizing data analytics. I also help with scheduling and project management tasks that have allowed for me to apply my studies from university to the workplace.
My Excel and PowerPoint skills have tremendously improved through this role due to the different projects I have been assigned. I have developed more of an analytical mindset when it comes to strategic development of our programs. I also have been able to work on my presentation skills and have definitely gained more confidence in public speaking. Also, my emotional intelligence, as well as written and verbal communication skills have improved drastically as I had never really had experience in working within such a global team before.
As an intern, I was assigned projects based on the goals and skills I had outlined from my initial meetings. These were deemed quite important and I definitely believe I was able to build the trust of my team members through my work ethic to be given similar responsibilities as the rest of my team. Most of the tasks I was assigned, although largely admin based, were crucial in running our learning courses and would have caused a lot of turmoil if done incorrectly.
Support & Guidance
My line manager was there for me every step of the way throughout my internship and helped to create a really safe environment for me. She helped to foster my growth largely, as did my other team members as they were able to stretch me to do tasks I did not think I was capable of doing, but also being there in case any questions arose. I could not have asked for a better team to help me navigate through my first internship.
The culture at WarnerMedia is absolutely amazing and unlike any other company. People not only within my team, but within the wider organisation as well were so friendly and made me feel welcomed immediately. They were all so supportive and were more than willing to help me with anything. I wanted to learn more about the business functions that I did not get to work closely with and reached out to other employees in different departments and was given the opportunity to shadow people to learn about the role. The fact that everyone was so willing to do so, really emulated a culture of growth here which I loved. Also the business resource groups made for employees allowed for people with common interest, backgrounds, sexual orientation, and cultural heritage to come together and highlighted the emphasis of diversity, equity and inclusion here as well.
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement here at WarnerMedia. I could not have imagined myself working anywhere else for a year. The opportunities that this organisation has given me are unlike any other. The support that is also given for this current cohort of interns is amazing and really allows for all of us to network and feel as though we are not going through this internship alone. I am extremely sad to be leaving the organisation, but there are definitely opportunities for me to return once I graduate which I would definitely consider.
Be your true and authentic self from the beginning of the application process. People here really are invested in getting to know who you are as a person rather than the more technical skills that you may be able to supply them with. This is due to the fact that they have a culture of growth and really believe you are able to learn anything you might not know before entering the workplace with the appropriate training and are not afraid to invest this time into you, as long as you are someone they could see the team working well together with.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Central London and City