Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Visa
- 7. Would you recommend Visa to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Visa
Day to day work involves working ona range of applications under the ownership of the NI office. Worked with technologies including Java, Kubernetes, Ruby, Docker and Jenkins.
Obtained Java OCA qualification paid for by the company. Greatly enhanced technical skills in Java, Kubernetes, Ruby, Docker and Jenkins. Also learned to use industry standard software including Jira and Git.
Yes, worked in the regular team at the company taking on work that would/could be picked up by anyone in the team at any skill level. Treated like any other engineer.
Support & Guidance
Lots of support provided with both mentors and buddies as well as regular check ins with manager and ongoing wellbeing discussions within the company.
Everyone is very friendly and supportive. Everyone I contacted was always enthusiastic about helping and would take an active interest in helping you.
Greatly enjoyed because of the excellent atmosphere and the response to the covid 19 pandemic.
Just be yourself and be as friendly and open as possible!
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Computer and Systems Engineering