Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at American Express
- 7. Would you recommend American Express to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to American Express
Worked with in a Scrum team of five fellow interns to develop an App/Microservice with backend/frontend functionality to be added in production.
Yes, since the project was handed to us, as Interns we had to decide and manage our time in order to successfully develop the functionality required. Of course with the help of company engineers.
Support & Guidance
Had Full support even from the Engineering director answering any low or high level questions I had. Wether that be Code, architecture or environment related.
Very cool culture everyone seemed lay'd back and keen to help, never stressed especially considering a virtual environment.
Thoroughly enjoyed it, especially seeing as this was a virtual experience, everything seemed very organized with multiple networking/Q&A meetings/Events.
Communication/Interaction is key. More important to stress out you are comfortable with others and keen to learn.
Internship (1-4 Months)
Computer and Systems Engineering
Central London and City