Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Willis Towers Watson
- 7. Would you recommend Willis Towers Watson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Willis Towers Watson
We were assigned to a project (client or development work) in which our project leader would assign tasks for us to complete. If we have any issues, we would contact the leader or our colleagues. There was also two mock projects based on the software training, which were assessed. There were lots of opportunities to network with weekly networking sessions with different departments.
I have developed my excel skills and learned about WTW’s in-house software such as ResQ and RAFM. I also delivered a presentation at the end of the internship.
Yes, we were allowed to take part in client work, with our project leads checking our work.
Support & Guidance
Lots! We had a buddy and a line manager. My buddy helped me solve all my silly mistakes while my line manager ensured I had a good workload.
Very friendly and approachable, easy to set up coffee catch-ups to network.
It was an extremely valuable insight into the actuarial profession and insurance market. I enjoyed meeting colleagues at socials and interacting with them in projects.
Research the insurance market to understand the current news and challenges the insurance market faces.
Internship (1-4 Months)