Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Willis Towers Watson
- 7. Would you recommend Willis Towers Watson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Willis Towers Watson
My role involved planning and developing software solutions. Each morning, the team would get together in a virtual meeting and each member would give an update on their progress or findings and then we would discuss together how to move forward or how to approach a given project or task. These meetings were also attended by a manager who would aid us in the process.
I have further developed my programming skills in terms of best practices, patterns and structures, as well as broader experience of more programming languages. I also greatly improved my ability to work with a team of programmers. Additionally, I also acquired the new skills of presenting my work and the progress made to others in a clear and concise way.
Yes. Along with other interns, we had the freedom of choosing the approach we would take for certain projects. Although we had help and guidance throughout the internship, we were also given a lot of autonomy.
Support & Guidance
The support and guidance available were excellent. We had a few mentors in addition to our line manager available to help us through any technical hurdles or to give advice and tips. We also were given access to a course platform membership that allowed us to gain deeper knowledge and insights in the field or in particular technical areas.
The company culture was very relaxed and friendly. We had a good and consistent amount of communication with both my peers and the mentors and our line manager so I always felt like part of a team of real people. We also had opportunities to socialise and get to know each other. One activity I particularly enjoyed was a virtual treasure hunt we did in our first week.
I really enjoyed the work as it was challenging and rewarding, as well as well-tailored to a university student level both in terms of the complexity as well as the learning opportunities. I couldn't have asked for better mentors and a better line manager. The internship exceeded my expectations and I would be happy to go back.
Be open to learning and expanding your skill set and be happy to contribute by being vocal about your ideas.
Internship (1-4 Months)