Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Bank of England
- 7. Would you recommend Bank of England to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Bank of England
Provide assistance to economists and analysts on work to support the banks mission in promoting financial and monetary stability
Coding in r, python, stata, matlab, latex. Also many interpersonal skills, writing and analytical skills as well as organisational skills.
Yes, lots of work fed into briefings to seniors and I felt I really contributed to policy decisions
Support & Guidance
Lots, there was a large emphasis on up-skilling, and colleagues were always happy to answer any questions.
Very open and supportive, everyone was very sympathetic to each other’s varying situations arising from the pandemic
Thoroughly enjoyed the placement, work was incredibly interesting and current, colleagues were all incredibly friendly and supportive
Be yourself in the assessment stages, don’t be too overpowering, and make sure you have a deep interest in economics or the relevant area you are applying to
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Central London and City