Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at NBCUniversal
- 7. Would you recommend NBCUniversal to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to NBCUniversal
Assisting the Franchise team with day-to-day operation, including social media management, asset wrangling and localisation, admin, finance (creating and processing invoices and POs), agent management, presentation, and market research.
Many - people and time management, accountability, complex problem solving / critical thinking, creativity, coordinating with others, emotional intelligence, judgement and decision-making, negotiation, cognitive flexibility, graphic design.
A gradual ramp up in responsibility meant going from shadowing and assisting the team, to assisting projects, presenting and pitching, and eventually managing my own projects entirely. The natural build-up and increase in challenge always felt rewarding, and never patronising or too difficult.
Support & Guidance
My duty managers went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable at all stages of my internship; never content with letting me sit on the bench, they always ensured I was engaged, motivated, and learning. The perfect team for an internship.
The majority of my internship was conducted whilst working from home due to the Covid-19 pandemic, yet we still had regular group coffee / lunch calls to connect and chat, takeout nights, quizzes, etc. As long as all my tasks were achieved on time to a good standard, I was given freedom of time management. My colleagues were understanding and helpful with any issues that arose.
I highly enjoyed my internship and was delighted to be offered a position at the company to continue my development within the same team. I would highly recommend an internship / placement at NBCUniversal to everyone (not just those attempting to enter the entertainment industry) - a truly life-changing experience.
Applying to a large conglomerate can be daunting, but the people working within the teams are just that; people. If you are motivated, ambitious, and driven by your work, this is the place for you, and you will feel entirely welcome.
Placement Year (10 Months+)