Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at AstraZeneca
- 7. Would you recommend AstraZeneca to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to AstraZeneca
Planning and designing experiments, conducting laboratory work, analysing UPLC-MS and NMR results, proposing future experiments to undertake, attending meetings with the project team/other scientists.
I was able to develop my teamworking skills - I often worked with other chemists, crystallisation scientists, analysts and process engineers who were able to provide me with additional project support. I was also able to develop my communication skills - I delivered presentations to the Chemical Development department and also to the project team. I have learnt about different chemistry concepts such as solubility and crystallisation, and have also learnt how to use different pieces of equipment such as EasyMaxes and jacketed vessels.
I was responsible for my entire student project - this involved booking the equipment that I needed to use, conducting the experiments and analysing my results. I was also able to take on an additional kinetics side project and be a student laboratory representative for the department.
Support & Guidance
I had a fantastic supervisor, project lead and team. Everyone was more than willing to help out and provide further support if I needed it.
My team was very nice and we often had socials - quizzes, walks, meals out
I really enjoyed my placement year. I liked the research that I was doing and being able to use different pieces of equipment. I was able to gain more self-confidence and develop many of my laboratory and soft skills.
Definitely apply! It's a great experience and a great place to work.
Placement Year (10 Months+)