Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Barclays
- 7. Would you recommend Barclays to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Barclays
My role was within Digital Fraud Strategy Team. The amount of responsibility and ownership given to interns is beyond any expectations. I had multiple opportunities to deliver change and to develop hard and soft skills across a variety of tasks related to new initiatives, producing budget outlooks, analyzing & evaluating the current performance of the department. I also produced stunning visuals that were used by senior colleagues in larger meetings.
Project management and entrepreneurial mindset are the key skills I have improved throughout the experience. Technical skills also had a lot of polishing as well as the overall understanding of how the bank operates.
Yes, a lot. I was in charge of a major overhaul project that implemented new security improvements for current banking channels.
Support & Guidance
My Line manager and teams were always very supportive and helped me whenever I had difficulties. Graduates who already work there have also been a huge support to developing a more in-depth insight into other business areas. I did not spend too much time with my buddy as he forgot about me. Nevertheless, everyone within the bank is very approachable and friendly.
The culture is great, you are always encouraged to take on new opportunities and explore everything about the bank - not just your business area. It is very insightful and it makes it so much better when there is such diversity of things you can dive in.
The internship was beyond my expectations. I would absolutely love to come back. A personal touch would be that I wanted more pressure from workload - a challenge is great but when it is pressured by time constraints and more tough requirements, then it becomes a lot more interesting for those with a growth mindset.
Come with a growth mindset - Barclays is a very old bank and it welcomes graduates and interns to source ideas from them on how to change the existing business. You should be proactive and always willing to deliver the change if you want to get the most of it. I have seen lazy interns there and they said that it is easy and 'fine' for them. If you want to develop - learn to be persisten.
Internship (1-4 Months)
Banking - Retail
Central London and City