Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Barclays
- 7. Would you recommend Barclays to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Barclays
Supporting team members with platform launches, pack preparation and analysis of performance data from other teams.
Pack presentation Excel skills Wellbeing workshops Teamwork Presentation skills
Yes, given lots of responsibility for launching an area-wide platform, intern-only projects and updating relevant people with information
Support & Guidance
Lots. My manager called every day to check in, I had contact from division managers and was encouraged to network. There were opportunities for mentoring from senior members of staff also.
Great. Lots of focus on wellbeing and inclusion which many colleagues were involved with organising. No expectation to work a huge amount of overtime, manager was very reasonable with expectations. Felt very friendly and was never worried about reaching out for help.
It was brilliant, I learnt so much about the finance industry and working in a corporate environment as well as more operations-related skills. I found networking very enjoyable also.
Show curiosity and confidence, have a good, solid CV and you definitely don't have to be an expert in anything.
Internship (1-4 Months)