- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Deutsche Bank
- 7. Would you recommend Deutsche Bank to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Deutsche Bank
3 days of insight into the bank, finding out about the company's values, culture and opportunities. An experience to meet like minded individuals and work on various team projects together. A good opportunity to strengthen interpersonal skills as well as knowledge of the bank. Get to hear from a range of employees from analysts to managers. The experience is mostly listening to speakers but there is also very engaging, with opportunities to get involved.
Yes, I was able to increase my confidence and teamwork skills through participating in a mock assessment centre (which comprised of a group presentation on ESG and sustainability). Through this task, I was able to develop my research skills as this was necessary for the group presentation. Other group activities allowed me to strengthen my knowledge of the financial industry and taught me about some of the recent mergers and acquisitions that Deutsche Bank was involved in.
We heard from a range of speakers from employees within the private bank, investment bank, corporate bank and asset management divisions so therefore were very well informed about the potential areas we could go into. We received a lot of information and tips regarding summer internships and graduate roles on the third day of the spring week. There were quite a few talks on the company's culture and values as well which helps when applying for their summer internship.
As the spring week was virtual due to Covid, it wasn't an accurate reflection of the general atmosphere within the company but the company culture appears to be very welcoming. They emphasised the company's commitment to reducing the gender pay gap and increasing diversity within the workplace. The speakers and organisers were all very friendly and feedback on group tasks such as the mock assessment centre and individual mock interviews was very useful but not too harsh.
The insight was very enjoyable as I was able to meet many like-minded individuals and work with them on a range of team projects. Whilst some parts of the day were rather slow, generally the organisers tried make the experience as engaging as possible. One evening, there was even a group general knowledge quiz held which was great fun and gave us a further opportunity to meet other people. Overall, a very positive and enjoyable experience!
When applying for their spring week, I would recommend doing as much research on the company as possible and showing you have done this in the cover letter. It is recommended that your CV is one one page but I think up to 2 is acceptable. The telephone interview is competency based and I would recommend practising answering questions using the STAR structure (situation, task, action, result) as this is something they highlighted in my interview feedback.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)