Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Unilever
- 7. Would you recommend Unilever to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Unilever
I worked in the CD function under the Smart Data team, and was mainly involved with the launch of our new data platform. I created user manuals for the platform, assisted in trainings, and created a promotional video for it with an external video agency.
Yes, the skill I developed the most was clear communication both internally with Unilever employees and externally with a video agency.
Yes, I was given lots of responsibility from the start. I could see the impact of my work immediately.
Support & Guidance
After receiving my placement offer, I was matched with a buddy who was able to answer most questions I had about my placement. During the placement, I received lots of support from my line manager, along with the rest of our team. I also received general support from the Future Careers team, although communication with them was often difficult, and it could take up to two weeks for an e-mail response.
The company culture was very positive and inclusive. I felt very welcomed by everyone I met during my time at Unilever. I also really appreciated how global the company is, and how I got to meet people from around the world.
Overall, I really enjoyed my placement at Unilever, and learned a lot of transferrable skills to my future academic studies and career experience. I particularly liked how I got to learn more about eCommerce, which is extremely important in the modern day. I also liked how I got to work on many different projects, and never got bored of doing the same thing for too long.
Make sure you do your research and know what initiatives Unilever is currently involved in in terms of sustainability.
Internship (1-4 Months)
Central London and City