Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- 7. Would you recommend Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
Day-to-day I would attend team/ department meetings. I undertook training on Tableau and Tableau Prep as well as SQL. Following this, I created dashboards for other areas of the organisation and would present this to their teams.
I developed skills in Tableau and SQL and enhanced my data literacy skills. I was also able to practice my presentation skills and receive feedback on this.
Yes, I was given lots of responsibility on my internship. My colleagues did not treat me as an intern but instead a valued member of the team. They listened and valued my opinion and trusted me with important projects and tasks that needed to be carried out.
Support & Guidance
I had a line manager who supported me and always checked in to see I was doing okay. I also had a grad buddy who I could turn to if I had any problems or issues.
Everyone was very welcoming and very friendly. People would always be willing to help me if I ever had any questions and everyone would always put in the time to make sure I was doing okay. All the other interns I spoke to had the same experience. I can not fault the culture/ atmosphere at the FCA.
I thoroughly enjoyed my internship. I have learnt so much more than I thought I would and the whole experience exceeded my expectations.
Make sure you learn the values of the FCA and think of examples you could give to demonstrate their values. Show a genuine passion for wanting to do work for the greater good.
Internship (1-4 Months)