Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
- 7. Would you recommend Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
Regular meetings within my team and the wider team. Assigned tasks of differing urgencies. Range in the type of tasks I was asked to carry out, in addition to independent learning. Completed a community project.
I have further developed my teamwork and communication skills, through the virtual nature of the internship. In addition to improving practical skills such as project management and organisation. Expectation management has been a new skill I have learnt over the course of the internship.
The role that I carried out during the internship was new to the team, as such I spent time helping to develop the SOP document for the role, so future employees understand how to execute it.
Support & Guidance
Received a lot of support from various sources including my graduate buddy, my manager, fellow interns and other members of my team.
The FCA were very understanding that I was still undertaking a placement whilst completing the internship, as such the atmosphere was very supportive and considerate. In addition, I found the wider culture to be very welcoming and friendly. Everyone I met was happy to answer my questions and provide more of an insight into their career.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the FCA, this was in part due to the impactful nature of the work and the warm atmosphere.
Don't be deterred if you don't have a economics/finance background!
Internship (1-4 Months)
Central London and City