Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Willis Towers Watson
- 7. Would you recommend Willis Towers Watson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Willis Towers Watson
-Calculations and calculation reviews -Report writing and reviewing -Client meetings -Team meetings
I have learnt Microsoft office skills, namely Microsoft Excel. I have also been able to develop my interpersonal skills through various interactions with WTW colleagues nationally.
During weeks 3-8 (Out of 8 weeks), I usually found myself very busy with various tasks for various clients. I received a lot of exposure to different types of client, through work or client meetings. I found there was enough work available that I could be as busy as I'd like. On a couple of occasions I had to decline work because I didn't have the time.
Support & Guidance
Everyone in the team I was in let me know that they were available should I need any help or advice with anything. The positive aspect about working from home was that anyone in the WTW business is a teams chat away.
Very relaxed, yet professional. Everyone I spoke was very friendly and inclusive. I found it easy to fit into the company. The company has a dress for your day dress code, so generally people are dressed quite casually, which helps makes the work place feel more relaxed and friendly.
I looked forward to most of my working days, and I feel I will miss it when the internship ends. So I would say I enjoyed it very much! I'm glad I had the opportunity.
Do as much research as possible about the company to make sure that it's something that interests you. If it is, then you just need to be yourself, because your interest will come through.
Internship (1-4 Months)