Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Willis Towers Watson
- 7. Would you recommend Willis Towers Watson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Willis Towers Watson
Extracting and analysing data to build reports. I have done a lot of document editing/ checking. I also regularly use PVTM to calculate a transfer value, create a reasonableness check spreadsheet and draft an email outlining the transfer value to the client. I have also calculated transfer values using spreadsheets. There is daily communication within the team and a muddle and huddle session weekly where work/ anything I might find interesting is mentioned.
I have developed my communication skills, interacting daily with members from various aspects/levels of the team. My confidence in my own ability has also grown massively as a result of my time here, when I started I was very unconfident in what I was doing but now I feel so much more confident and trust myself to do work to a great standard. I have learnt a lot of pensions specific knowledge also.
I was given lots of responsibility in the fact that I was exposed directly to the client work. I drafted work that would be sent directly to clients. I therefore had the responsibility to meet certain deadlines and ensure my work was to a high standard.
Support & Guidance
I received a lot of support from many people in the team. My buddy and Intern Manager were the first point of contact if I was stuck and they also helped. When delegated tasks, the delegator would always ensure I understood everything and was happy to take any questions.
Everyone was really friendly and welcoming. There were various social events throughout the 8 weeks which were really fun! The company is very inclusive and everyone tried to make me feel welcome.
I really enjoyed my internship. The team were a pleasure to work with and were very sociable. I have gained a lot of new knowledge and the work is better than I had expected. There is so much more to pensions than I had anticipated and it is really interesting. I would love to work here again.
Try to stay calm throughout the interviewing process, the interviewers are really friendly and aren't trying to catch you out. Do some preparation before the interview/assessment centre and think of interesting/valuable experiences you can talk about.
Internship (1-4 Months)