Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Willis Towers Watson
- 7. Would you recommend Willis Towers Watson to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Willis Towers Watson
Individual member calculations & other technical work is standard, as well as preparing slide decks or material for trustees and corporate sponsors are common areas of work. There is also a great deal of technical development and learning to be done regularly.
My technical actuarial knowledge improved immensely, and my soft skills notable time management, prioritisation and clear communication of technical/difficult ideas also developed.
You have the responsibility to mange your own time, get the allocated work done (which will not take ALL your time, so you must own the responsibility of finding more!). You are doing real work for clients and you have a good network of people to support you in doing so. You are never in any danger of making drastic errors, but you do have some degree of important responsibility in your work.
Support & Guidance
Support was excellent, we were given proper technical training for our actuarial knowledge and the learning & development team were always on hand for questions. Our work and colleagues also were helpful and I felt that I was always setup for success in my work.
Company culture is brilliant. Everyone is incredibly intelligent and professional, yet also really easy to get along with. There are regular, almost weekly, social events as well as impromptu ones by members of the team, equally there is no pressure to attend these if it's not your thing. Everyone was super welcoming and helpful, very approachable too.
I enjoyed the placement a great deal. The team was incredibly easy to work with, everyone was very helpful and I felt that I would be a great fit. The work was rewarding - if you like technicalish work - and also varied. I would 100% go back to work there if given the chance.
Consider the 5 company values, especially Excellence. I feel this plays a subliminal role in the company culture, and I love that everyone around me is so knowledgeable and clearly top of the class. Also show that you are more than someone with good technical skills, be more than a numbers machine, have some personality and confidence in your interview, don't go overboard but be interesting!
Internship (1-4 Months)
Central London and City