Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Pfizer
- 7. Would you recommend Pfizer to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Pfizer
I have worked closely with the marketing team to implement key strategies and tactics as well as contribute to future strategic directions. I have managed materials from development to approval and dissemination which has been great to see how projects run from start to finish. I have also worked closely with agencies and other external stakeholders. I managed the orders and stock of materials. Day-to-day activities vary but I was always kept busy with a range of projects and meetings.
There are lots of opportunities to develop existing skills and learn new skills along the way at Pfizer. Communication, project management and organisational skills are key in the job. I identified presentation skills as an area I wanted to improve. I was supported by my manager with this and given many opportunities to present both internally and externally and receive feedback from colleagues. I am doing a science degree so this year I have improved my commercial awareness and business acumen.
I was given the opportunity to lead and manage my own projects throughout the year. This included the responsibility of liaising with external stakeholders and agency management. I always felt my opinion was valued and I was trusted to deliver on tasks.
Support & Guidance
I was lucky to have a very supportive manager and team. I felt I could reach out to them at any time if I had any queries. I had regular meetings with both my manager and mentor. They made sure I was getting involved in interesting projects and getting what I wanted out of my placement. When I first joined Pfizer, there was lots of compulsory training but also optional additional training sessions on a variety of topics that you can sign up for which helped me learn more about marketing.
Due to the pandemic, I worked from home for the duration of my placement. However, there was still a friendly atmosphere and everyone was always happy to help. We had regular team catch ups and often did quizzes or other games. There were virtual social meetings for the undergraduates to give us the opportunity to meet each other. These weren't that frequent however we were encouraged to set up calls in small groups to get to know each other.
I have really loved my time at Pfizer and am now considering a career in the pharmaceutical industry after university. I have worked on interesting projects and it has been a great insight into pharmaceutical marketing. I have met so many lovely people and learnt a lot. Working from home has been challenging at times but everyone was happy to help and give advice. It is the perfect opportunity for people looking to gain industry experience.
I would definitely recommend applying. You will be taught everything you need to know on the job, coming from a science background I was concerned that I had no experience in marketing but you receive marketing training when you join. Within Pfizer there are so many opportunities and activities you can get involved in outside your business unit, this is a great way to gain more experience but also meet more people. Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Placement Year (10 Months+)