Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at HSBC
- 7. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to HSBC
Develop and make use of technology tools that protect the business functions of the bank from risk. Use of public cloud services, coding and developing applications or scripts.
Yes. I have learnt new coding languages such as GoLang, increased my Python and SQL knowledge, learnt how to use Google Cloud Platform and its tools, learnt how to create an Apache Beam Pipeline and use Google Data Flow
Yes. We were given full autonomy to develop projects on the departments backlog. These were projects that actually impacted the bank and that went into production.
Support & Guidance
Our direct managers were extremely helpful and always on call. Everything was very well explained and further help was available if needed. Learning support was also available through a number of different platforms. Staff throughout the bank was very easy to reach out to and to schedule a meeting with, either to help with a project or simply to network.
It didn’t feel like the typical banking culture. The environment was very relaxed and collaborative, and it was easy to work with other teams and get help from colleagues
I loved my internship and I’d recommend it to anyone who wishes to work at a big bank but have a good work life balance. At HSBC it is possible have a high level of impact through your work but still have time for yourself and your personal development
Be yourself. Be genuine and don’t try to sell someone you are not. You are your best version and that will come out naturally. Prepare ahead for interviews and learn about the company, its values and its projects in the business area you are applying to
Internship (1-4 Months)
Information Technology, Banking/Finance
Central London and City