Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at HSBC
- 7. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to HSBC
My role involved working on various projects within the risk department in the bank. It involved developing current and new technology the bank has access to. On a day to day I work alongside a group of 4 other interns and we split our tasks between one another. The tasks ranged from very technical coding to researching new and upcoming technology. We also had many presentations where we presented our current work and challenges we are currently facing in our various projects.
Throughout the internship programme I advanced my excel and coding skills greatly. I also learnt more about the google cloud platform and applying data loss prevention API. I also developed my communication and team work skills having to work in a team daily. Throughout the internship we also had to present our findings and work weekly in a presentation format. This allowed for me to develop my presentation skills and how to present more complex topics to a wider group of different backgrounds.
Throughout the internship we were given full responsibility and had free range to interpret the tasks at hand in our own way. We were allowed to choose the respective projects we wanted to work on as a team and also were able to explore our tasks further if we wanted to. Anytime we got feedback it was always up to us how far and to what extend we could take that. It was refreshing to be allowed so much freedom in the work environment.
Support & Guidance
We were given loads of support throughout the internship. This support came from our team manager who gave us a platform to ask questions and could also see what other inters had asked as well. Further, we got support from our Grad Coaches who provided more information about the company and what working in different areas of the bank looked like. Another form of support was through HR who would check in to make sure we were enjoying our time and were always open to feedback.
The company culture was extremely open and welcoming. Everyone was always willing to help one another out and provide support where required. It was also a very tight nit group of interns therefore the collaboration between different groups occurred often and created a good atmosphere to work in. The company also found time to host wellbeing events and volunteering activities, emphasising that they find importance our wellbeing and making a connection with the community as well.
Overall my entire internship experience was extremely enjoyable. It exceeded my expectations from what I was expecting. We had full work days but also many fun activities throughout including pub quizzes, intern roulettes, and other forms of social events. Further, the amazing collaboration and community feeling that was created throughout the 8 weeks was wonderful to be a part of. I also got to go into the office for one day which was a bonus considering many did not have this opportunity.
I would advise them to make sure they are passionate about finance and IT but also specifically for tech that they are prepared to be working on new projects and always keep an open mind. I would make sure that they prepare well for the interview and assessment centre but also be aware that HSBC is just as interested in how you fit within the community and their work environment as the skillset you will bring to the table.
Internship (1-4 Months)