- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at HSBC
- 7. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to HSBC
Daily, we would attend between two to four online meetings via ZOOM, where we would learn more about different areas in Technology from HSBC and how they contribute to the financial processes within the bank. There were also workshops regarding our wellbeing and personal development, with a focus on mental health and personal branding. Finally, there were highly-informative sessions about the application process and networking sessions with graduates and senior leaders. I enjoyed them all!
Yes, I developed many skills during the Insight Programme. I became more confident in myself after the Personal Branding session, but I also developed my ability to present myself and my achievements in a way that it is not confused with bragging. I also developed my Python coding skills during the Introduction to Coding session. Finally, I enhanced my general knowledge in the Technology sector and learned about the roles of AI, Cyber, Engineering, Agile.
It was a really great experience. I found out more about all the possible careers available in the Technology sector within HSBC and how I can prepare before applying to any of them. I was really fond of the company and its culture, so finding out more about the story, how a daily life at HSBC looks like was really amazing and exciting for me. I am sure I will apply for a position in the future.
The company culture is amazing. There are many initiatives regarding women empowering, inclusion and diversity, which I really enjoyed. Further, this was reflected in the insight schedule as well, which had specific sessions dedicated to these aspects, but also to personal branding, mental health, wellbeing. The atmosphere is friendly, nice. Everyone is helpful, polite, ready to help. Flexibility and diversity are highly encouraged and the company is keen on making everyone feel welcomed and appreciated.
I really enjoyed my insight experience with HSBC. I liked the work that is done in the Technology sector, the flexibility it has and its impact on all the financial services of the bank. The team is full of diverse, intelligent and highly-motivated people, which are also friendly, welcoming and always there to help. The culture encourages diversity, inclusion, caring for the employees' wellbeing and personal development, which I really appreciated. The insight experience was over my expectations and I would definitely join HSBC as a graduate or summer intern, if possible.
I think that the best advice I would give is to start preparing with as much time as possible before and to apply as early as possible. I think that conducting proper research on the company, learning about not only the business, but also about the culture, initiatives, people, would be great. Then, learn about the role you apply for, what it involves, what are the requirements, what you could do to meet them. Finally, just be you, answer the questions honestly and show your passion and potential for joining HSBC.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)
Information Technology, Banking/Finance, Banking - Investment, Computer Science
Central London and City