Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at PwC
- 7. Would you recommend PwC to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to PwC
Shadowing and attending meetings with clients and senior staff. Completing tasks to a PwC standard and ensuring there are no mistakes. Networking with my peers and senior staff to get a better understanding of different roles.
I have developed on my communication skills, listening, speaking and my teamwork skills. I have learnt new skills in Google sheets and slides and docs that I had not had before.
I was taken back by the amount of independence I was given during the internship. The staff and clients trusted me enough to hand me tasks that were not only important, but also had fast approaching deadlines. I had the chance to work alongside associates on important tasks too.
Support & Guidance
There was more support/guidance than I even needed. There was always someone that was readily available to have a chat with or ping a question to. PwC did not skimp on providing support throughout the whole experience
The general atmosphere was very people-friendly. You could easily tell that every meeting started off with introductions and a lively atmosphere. I think everyone enjoyed the work they were assigned to do and were not afraid of asking for help at every juncture.
I would rate my internship 5/5 and even more if I could. Before applying to PwC, I did not even think it would be this friendly and inclusive for an intern who is coming for 6 weeks. But, I was treated like I had been there for years and I was treated as an equal.
Don't be afraid to apply to the role you want. PwC are not strict on academic achievement as they want to know the type of person you are and if you would fit into the people-friendly atmosphere at PwC. Try to be positive and upbeat during the application and most of all be honest.
Internship (1-4 Months)