Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Jaguar Land Rover
- 7. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover
I work in the Global Digital Operations team, where I focus on the development and auditing of our Digital Platforms. In addition, I manage key day-to-day responsibilities and ad-hoc tasks relating to website maintenance and co-ordination, both internally and with our external agencies. I also work in Global Financial Services, in particular helping to increase the retention of customer finance contract renewals. Currently within this is a UK roll-out, which will eventually be rolled-out globally.
I have become quite proficient with using Microsoft Excel, such as learning how to isolate, analyse & calculate data, along with efficiently using the tools that Excel provides. I believe my communication skills have improved as well, especially when presenting to large groups of people. I used to get quite nervous, but now I am clear and consise when making my points. Finally, my time management skills, such as meeting a tight deadline, has improved significantly.
I believe that I was given lots of responsibility from the very start of my placement. For example, I had to lead a global audit where I had to manage all of JLR's market leads, and had to ensure that they were resolving the requirements set out by the audit. This gave me a lot of responsibility because without my input, the work may not have been completed to the standard that it was.
Support & Guidance
Considering the majority of my Placement has been remote (due to Covid-19) the support both my manager and my colleagues have given me has been brilliant. As soon as I started, people made a real effort to (virtually) engage with me, and if I ever needed help with something, my colleagues were always more than happy to help in any way, which made me feel like they were easily approachable and comfortable to talk to.
Although I had only been into the office a handful of times, I really enjoyed it when I was there because my colleagues were so friendly, and the atmosphere wasn't too tense/serious (i.e, I could go for a lunch break and not feel guilty for not doing work). Being able to work from either home or the office meant that work was very flexible, which has contributed toward a very positive culture.
I have really enjoyed my placement with JLR, as I have been able to learn so many things about cars. Being able to work so closely with such fantastic products, technology & innovation has meant that I have taken a real interest in the automotive industry, and the industry leading experts that work within JLR have really helped me to thrive; something which is not always easy, especially with the limitations working from home can have.
The advice I would give to others applying to JLR is to make sure that you understand what JLRs 'customer first' principles are, as they are truly reflected within everything JLR do. Once you understand them, see how they relate to you in any way, in order to start developing that core relationship between JLR's values and your own. The Application process should then be easy, because you understand everything that JLR truly value.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Automotive, Marketing, Financial Management