Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Jaguar Land Rover
- 7. Would you recommend Jaguar Land Rover to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Jaguar Land Rover
My day-to-day role varies depending on what the manufacturing plan for the site I work on is. Sometimes I can be running a machine during a build. When we are not building I can be setting up new machines, fixing problems on existing machines or writing reports.
During the commissioning of a new line many problems can arise. These problems have allowed me to massively improve my problem solving skills. I have had the opportunity to get my hands dirty lots throughout my placement which has improved my general engineering skills. Talking to different people daily has increased my communication and teamwork skills. I specialised in welding over my placement year so learnt lots about laser and manual welding.
It was a very slow start to my placement and took a while before I was given any real responsibilities. However, by the end of my placement I was satisfied with the amount of responsibilities I had.
Support & Guidance
the team I worked with provided me with lots of support and would always answer any of my questions. If I needed help with a piece of work they would give me guidance with that.
Company culture with good. Most people will have a laugh and a joke with each other and you can form good links with people over the site. Due to COVID there were not really any social events other than a few trips out to bars with my team.
Overall I did enjoy my placement. I learned a lot and had a good break from uni. The main negative was that I had a varying workload. Some days I would find myself with not much to do at all. Other times I could be busy for a few weeks. I think it would be better if there was a clearer structure to the program.
Be proactive communicating with others and seeking out work. Don't hold back on any questions you have.
Placement Year (10 Months+)