- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Gateley Legal
- 7. Would you recommend Gateley Legal to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Gateley Legal
Given an overview of various departments through talks with partners and associates in e.g CDR, regulatory defence, and given marked tasks in departments such as corporate, banking and finance. There was an introduction and detail about the firm and the corporate responsibility and mental wellbeing work, with social events on most nights and an in-person dinner on the Thursday.
I have learnt networking skills in speaking to a variety of people of a variety of ages at different stages in their legal journey, attention to detail skills from drafting board minutes, time management skills from completing each task and submitting before the end of the day, and interview skills from the day 4 interview.
It was an immersive experience to be involved in completing real-life trainee tasks, with clear information provided from each trainee and solicitor about their route into the firm, law and their chosen specialism. There was a talk at the beginning of the week about the other professional services Gateley offers, such as Gateley Hamer (chartered surveyors) and Gateley Capitus (financial surveyors)
The atmosphere was extremely friendly, with people checking in to make sure I was doing okay throughout. The trainees and solicitors arranged socials such as a murder mystery, escape room where the partners got involved and so it did not feel hierarchical, but rather a welcoming environment whereby everyone was approachable. The trainees organised an in person meal on the Thursday which was fun with friendly people.
I thoroughly enjoyed the insight despite it being online, Gateley made a big effort to ensure it was as insightful and enjoyable as possible. I would recommend to anyone wishing to apply.
I would advise to make the most out of the experience by coming into it with an open mind about all the different departments and with no preconceived ideas, and be willing to ask as many questions as you need.
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)