4.8/5
    4.5
  • Culture
    4.8
  • Your Impressions

You will be working with the Director, IBM Partner Ecosystem, UK & Ireland and team of both Partner Representatives and business development. The role is varied and provides a mix of support and autonomous working. It encompasses business analysis, business reporting, forecasting, sales management support plus many and varied ad hocs. Expectation is that, as well as doing the role, you will look for areas to improve and implement new ideas and technologies to improve business support and results. Potential for good candidate to spend time with Business Partners plus have access to executives on a day to day basis. You will work with sellers as well as other teams within IBM. You will also need to support ad hoc activities that any member of the team may ask you to do, some at very short notice, so you must also be able to work under pressure and to very short timescales. Exciting role -- much to do and a very varied team and network. This role provides a great insight into how a business works and is run which is an invaluable skill for future post-grad roles. Previous incumbents have commented that they did not expect so much autonomy and responsibility - and they loved it! During the placement, they should plan to be in office 5 days per week and be flexible to visit Partners and other locations as needed. Potential for small amount of home working but only in line with business need and management agreement.

Overview

• 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
  • I spent my placement year working closely with the Business Partner Ecosystem and Sales Execution Support Channel for the CSI (Customer System Integrators) and PCR team. My role entailed creating weekly reports consisting of pipelines for the Client Executives on live deals. Each week, Grant and I would discuss progress on the current deals with the Client Executives, before consolidating all that was discussed in our meeting review, which enabled us to update the forecast budgets. I was fortunate to work with eight different Client Executives, which provided me with a wide range of experience as each Executive was responsible for different external clients.

Skills

• 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
  • Improved my excel knowledge to a professional level. Improved my public speaking and ability to confidently engage with people, whether its by email or in person. Improved my networking skills

• How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
  • 5/5

• Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development

Responsibilities

• 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
  • Yes - at IBM they are all about making it what you want to get out of the year. If you want to go and get involved in another sector they will support you and help you in any way they can!

• Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was

Support & Guidance

• 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
  • A lot - they provide you with a foundation manager who is their for you whenever you need. You can talk about all sorts. The foundation manager is different from your Task manager.

• How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?

Culture

• 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
  • Radical thinking is the primary and most defining characteristic of IBM's organizational culture. This cultural trait continues as a major influence in the company's development through its more than 100 years of operations in the information technology industry.

• How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the social opportunities?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
  • 5/5

• How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?

Your Impressions

• 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
  • I loved every bit of it.

• Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
  • 5/5

• Please rate how your experience met your expectations

• Please rate the future employment prospects at IBM
  • 5/5

• 7. Would you recommend IBM to a friend?

• 8. What advice would you give to others applying to IBM
  • Go get involved in everything you can!

Business Analytics