- 1. Please give an overview of the insight and what was involved on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills or developed existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate the knowledge learned around personal or professional skills during the experience?
- Please rate how the knowledge learned has helped you with regards to your career development
- 3. What was it like understanding all about the business and potential roles available?
- Please rate how insightful you found the insight
- How would you rate the structure of the insight
- How would you rate business leader involvement during the insight
- 4. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the networking opportunities?
- Please rate how valued you felt during your insight?
- 5. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on the insight
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Gateley Legal
- 7. Would you recommend Gateley Legal to a friend?
- 8. What tips or advice would you give to others applying to Gateley Legal
The scheme was run online for the first time. Each day involved tasks based on different practice areas of the firm, which gave us an insight in a number of areas. Alongside the tasks, we had presentations from lots of other areas and we had the opportunity to ask a range questions.
It was very useful to build on the IT skills required to work remotely. We were also introduced to the firm's virtual desktop and able to use the secure systems as any employee would. The scheme was a great opportunity to network with a great number of solicitors at the firm. In addition, the tasks we were given replicated real work.
The business provided an insight beyond typical legal work. We were introduced to a number of business support staff and the internal networks aimed at supporting employees. It allowed the business to give the impression that employee support is very important and anyone from any background would feel at home.
Everyone seemed very relaxed and happy to hear from those on the scheme. Many employees spoke about how approaching more experienced employees was easy and common practice compared with other firms. The approachable culture suggests that trainees make more of an impact in the business than elsewhere.
It was a thoroughly enjoyable week. We had a number of social opportunities organised for us and the work was rewarding. Everyone we spoke to was more than happy to answer questions and be contacted despite their busy schedule. The week was an incredibly valuable learning experience and I would highly recommend the feel and the culture of the firm to a potential applicant.
One aspect that really stood out throughout the week was that the firm looks for people that are happy to be themselves at work. Although there is an element of wanting to impress professionally, the firm looks for genuine personalities. My advice would be to ask anything if you're unsure about a task and genuinely be yourself!
Insight / Vacation Scheme (< 4 Weeks)