Design and Production Intern at The Walt Disney Company

Support & Guidance
Culture
4.3
Your Impressions

Create assets for the Disney.xx websites - this includes articles and showcase pages. Also, a lot of UX design and wireframes

Overview

1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.

I create majority of the assets for the Disney.xx websites. I also do quite a bit of UX design with the US teams. This involves research and looking for inspiration from competitors; designing and developing wireframes.

Skills

2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?

Presentation and communication skills. Working as part of a team.

How would you rate the training provided during your experience?

How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?

How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?

Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development

Responsibilities

3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?

Yes a lot of responsibility. I didn't feel like an intern at all. I was given a lot of responsibility within my first few weeks at Disney.

Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was

Support & Guidance

4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?

Support was there when I needed it. I got guidance when I asked for it; my manager would always say to shout if I needed help with anything.

How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?

How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?

Culture

5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?

Very supportive. The team is like a family. Even though I've not met my team in the UK a lot because of COVID, we get on really well virtually. This is the same for the US.

How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?

How would you rate the social opportunities?

How would you rate the diversity initiatives?

How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?

Your Impressions

6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?

I really enjoyed the Moment Makers scheme which is part of the Disney Internship Programme (DIP). I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to be a part of some amazing projects.

Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship

Please rate how your experience met your expectations

Please rate the future employment prospects at The Walt Disney Company

7. Would you recommend The Walt Disney Company to a friend?

8. What advice would you give to others applying to The Walt Disney Company

During the interview, just be yourself. Remember that they just want to get to know you and see what sort of person you are. The interview is not a test.