Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Stanley Black & Decker
- 7. Would you recommend Stanley Black & Decker to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Stanley Black & Decker
Supporting local teams with general queries. Ensuring all brand assets develop adhere to brand guidelines. Creating monthly social media plans & organising adaptation of assets for each post. Creating email templates that can be adapted by local teams. Supporting and coordinating marketing campaigns and product releases. Collaborating with a number of collogues spread across the globe. Raising purchase orders for the brand. Development of digital asset packs
Communication in a professional workspace (Virtual & Physical) Leadership Decision making Organisation Stakeholder Management Workload Prioritisation Commercial Awareness Understanding of Basic Ecommerce Principles
The company have given me lots of responsibility during my placement. I have been treated as an equal work colleague since my first day and have never felt like I am not being challenged because I am 'only an intern'. My responsibilities increased with the more experience I was gaining, and anything I have struggled with, help has always been there.
Support & Guidance
The support by the company has been great. There hasn't been a point where I've been unable to turn to someone and ask for help. My manager and I had a great working relationship, and she helped me with things inside and outside work. The amount of people available to help wasn't limited to my team, there was many occasion where people from different countries would reach out offering help
As my placement was remote working, it was quite hard to gather a general atmosphere. Everyone in the company was very professional and efficient, but also were easy to get along with & develop good relations. Due to covid restrictions, there wasn't any activities. However there were many virtual events. The company is very diverse and was very proud of this. Also offering a lot of support for many causes, with a strong push for mental health
Despite the whole year being virtual I enjoyed my placement very much! I got along well with everyone in my team + wider colleagues. The work I did constantly challenged me and I feel proud of what I accomplished. This placement surpassed my expectations and I've learned so many new skills and knowledge on an industry I had no idea about before my placement. I would recommend BLACK+DECKER as well as all of the other brands part of the Stanley Black & Decker group. I will definitely be looking out for any open positions in the company in the future
Be confident in yourself and your abilities Be honest The interview process may seem scary, but the people on the other end are not Don't overthink the assessment centre (if there is one), they will either hire you or won't. Do some research on the company and make sure you know what they do
Placement Year (10 Months+)