Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at GSK
- 7. Would you recommend GSK to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to GSK
Reporting on metrics such as site re-entry (covid), making tracking documents for key projects, project management, creating reports for senior leaders and wider business partners.
I had the opportunity to do the Prince2 foundation and practioner project management course. This helped me understand all the key stages of a project and the key activities needed eg. risk management, project planning and creating a business case. Also had a business mentor who helped improve my CV, LinkedIn profile and advice on interviews. I learned a variety of skills/functions with MS Excel and Power BI.
I was given lots of responsibility and was treated as a full member of the team not a student. Showing initiative and good work I was given full autonomy. I was directly involved in the separation of GSK, a top strategic project for the whole company and was reported up to the CEO. Being a global function I got exposure to a variety of different ways of working and exposed to different business areas.
Support & Guidance
I got support from a variety of people previous IP's, my team, business mentors and IP Unite a placement student society who provided various development, social, charity and sport opportunities. My line manager was a previous placement student and was great in understanding my development needs and just being a general support.
The people make GSK everyone is so friendly and are more than willing to take time out of their day to help you with anything or share their own experiences. During my year it was noticeable the emphasis put on inclusion and diversity with a variety of initiatives launched and support groups.
I absolutely loved my placement within WREF Strategy the variety of projects and the extra opportunity I had of being Chair of IP Unite. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of responsibility I was given and how business critical projects I worked on were. This has definitely helped enhance my professional skills I know I can transfer onto graduate opportunities. Despite working from home I don't think this has hindered my experience.
Check out GSK's values and expectations and think of examples of where you showed these either at university or at other jobs/positions you have had. The interview I had was a strengths based interview. Even though you may apply for one role eg. procurement there are lots of different roles within that so ask questions and explore the variations with the old IP's at your assessment centre.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Central London and City